Sunday, November 10, 2013

Birthday Party... a la Backyardigans

So Nick has had it in his head that he will have a chocolate birthday cake with a backyardigans candle on it.
And I found one online... with $10 S&H. So I didn't get it. I thought... there will be one in the store... well there isn't. In all of the stores I looked at.
So it was up to me to be creative
 

Nick was happy so I guess it worked out.
Luckily I did buy some backyardigans stuff from another website (that didn't carry the candle)

And of course Nick wanted me to bring the houses.
This was the houses from his Halloween costume (his wheelchair one)


For Nick's birthday we decided to go bowling!


The had this ramp for Nick to use.
Nick's friend Antonella got to use it too


All the kids had fun.
We had 9 kids all together and about 15 adults, with 3 lanes or bowling


 It was definitely a winner for Nick!

If you are wondering about the hat...
Nick wanted to be another backyardigan... Pablo, the one with the helicopter hat



We generally kept track of who was up next, but it didn't really matter


I think the highest score was 115.


After bowling was time for pizza




And of course cake


And singing
He wasn't very sure about the singing



Oh no!
Not cutting into my beautiful creation!
(Nick might have gotten too much joy out of that one)
He was very specific that he only wanted to eat Pablo.


All of the kids got bowling medals


All of the kids were excited with this giant Pablo balloon


After lunch was the arcade
And then it was time to bring a tired boy home


 Oh yeah and presents


And smiles


 Nick had a FANTASTIC Backyardigans birthday party!

2 comments: